View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 04:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
Yes, that comports with the photos in post#35. I don’t have a laptop or desktop. The iPad Pro 2 with 10.5 screen has a pixel density of 264 per inch, P3 gamut, so my photos look good at that resolution.(actually 6000X4000) I’ve checked on the web browser of the LG E8 55 inch OLED and when clicked on to 6000X4000, that grid structure is visible. Further below, the photos taken from Oz in UHD HDR Dolby Vision BluRay source on a 120 inch screen, the grid pattern is not visible. Also when I take SS’s of live broadcasts on the LG E8, I do not see this grid pattern.

Having said that, I’m convinced this artifact is present in the digital copy and not the BluRay disc. Still, I’m seeing freckles on Dorothy’s face not seen before and other details. Brighter deeper colors. I took 14 shots of this same image in freeze frame, took different settings, shutter speeds and I could make the grid pattern go away, but the photos looked less sharp. The best looking, sharpest photos have the grid pattern. I think it’s embedded in the digital file.

Next step is to buy a second BluRay player (my existing BluRay player is deeply embedded in a media cabinet which I don’t want to mess with) to run Oz on the LG E8. I’m going to need a mini USB card reader to iPad port to transfer the very large RAW files to the iPad. Then I can do the processing in Lightroom or Infinity Photo.

EDIT: Same photo full resolution on iPad.

https://visions4netjournal.com/wp-co...1CA78306B.jpeg

Last edited by etype2; 07-18-2020 at 05:23 PM.