View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 07:15 PM
AK Member

Thanks for the welcome. I picked up that Scott in 1960 in a trade for a 5 tube table radio. The Scott was in a closet at a local Farmer's Union Co-op and they wanted a radio in their gas station. The Scott was so big they didn't know where to put it so they were all for the trade. It was originally a retirement gift to the station owner's brother who was an executive of the EH Scott company. When he died the radio came to North Dakota.

I found one other Scott at a Salvation Army store for a friend of mine in Minneapolis; that radio was a 1941 model. When found it was missing the high frequency speakers. When we were cleaning it up we found a letter from the company to the original owner. The letter was an apology for the speakers being damaged in shipment and promising replacements ASAP. The letter was dated Saturday December 6, 1941; Pearl Harbor was attacked the next day and, apparently, he never did get his speakers.

http://curtspics1.shutterfly.com/

Last edited by parcs; 05-26-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Audiokarma