Thread: Seeburg S100
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 09:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasadowsk View Post
Recap, and GET A MANUAL.
I'm 99 percent sure I have the manual(s) inside. I'll have to check, but I also might have the tormat specific manual as well. In the meantime, being that this is a late 60s production, are the film caps also on the list to be changed, or just the electrolytics? Do you know if this uses silicon or germanium transistors? (if it does, I'll start looking and hording..)

Quote:
Follow the lube instructions. Nobody did, so be the first to.
This was given to me by my buddy who was an operator, so I assume they did at least some maintenance on it, but it will be the first maintenance in at least 35 years.

Any suggestions for modern lubrication? I've been using Mobil 1 0-16 for light oil in many things including vintage clock escape mechanisms and it works well and doesn't break down and I use black moly grease for heavier duty applications. I also have red grease if that's better.

John

EDIT: Regarding rarity - there's a production number of 400 placed on this machine all over the web, but I think that's a mistake that's been requoted many times. I would guess the production more like 4000 to 10000 if I had to bet on it.

Last edited by JohnCT; 04-26-2024 at 10:04 AM.