View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 10:00 PM
The Resident Brony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Start by verifying grid bias voltage relative to schematic in those conditions
It'd be nice if I had a schematic. But you know, no model number. I guess I can fire it up again and see if they're red-plating, but I doubt it. But in terms of temperature, all three were too hot to touch. Like, I'd have blisters if I kept my finger on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
Used to fix & sell tons of these. Not everyone can afford
a Zenith ! And if you think this is cheap you should see a GE !
This will run much better & last longer.......
lol, well... to be honest, the only TV I've really gotten into is a 90s Sony Trinitron. And that thing is built like a Swiss watch made out of plastic and PCBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
First thing I see is the horz hold shaft is missing. It goes in the coil behind the horz osc tube ( 8LT8 ??). What will happen is some one will adjust it too far & not be able to get it back to the right spot. The pix will usually be narrow, have lines & multiple pictures side by side. It will often make a loud high pitched sound. It can overheat the 33GY7 also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coot88 View Post
See if the slug is still in the H.osc/hold coil. Somebody mighta screwed it all the way out and lost it. I've seen that happen before.
Nice call that is an 8LT8.

On the horizontal osc. coil, the slug is there, and it turns easily with an allen wrench. It doesn't appear to be too far in or out. I'm pretty sure the extension shaft thing just broke off at some point. But I didn't even think of messing with its adjustment while the set is running. I'll try that later, I have the whole set apart so I could scrub off the rat piss.

Horizontal hold thingy.

Last edited by MadMan; 01-09-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Audiokarma