View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 08:51 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast View Post
Regarding the male end of that plug in the chassis: The AC only goes into two of those four pins. And, 12VDC goes into the other two.

If you don't get those right you might blow part of the circuit by putting 120VAC where it shouldn't go.

That type of plug goes back to at least the AC/DC sets of the mid 80's (CTC115 chassis, particularly). Not sure if they are compatible but the idea is the same.

While I worked on several in the early 2000's I don't have a schematic for the TX808 chassis. You may be able to pull the chassis and trace it out to figure where the AC is supposed to land.

Wish I could be of more help. Good luck with your repair and your project!
I appreciate the heads up about the AC/DC split--that was actually the biggest reason I didn't want to haphazardly attempt a splicing given my limited knowledge.

Thank you for that advice nonetheless--this is certainly helpful I think my first goal will be to see if I can find a replacement cord, so that will be the current hope and I'll only consider any sort of splice attempt--or have someone else attempt it--if all hope seems lost for a cord, haha.