View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 02:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Are you the fellow that I watched a You Tube Video on fixing a 1993 RCA Color Trax Console Set that had been hit by lighting? The date was May of this year. Did you ever get that set sold? I now of a guy who just the other day hauled one to the ditch just about like it. It was a 1997 Model. Their Mother In Law was watching it and it went to snow. They took it as the Picture Tube going out, but I think from what I have been told and read it may have been a simple fix of the tuner acting up in it like they were supposedly known for? I almost told them to put it in my vehicle. I didn't though as I would have been in big trouble from my Mother for bringing another TV home. I already have 3 console sets among 2 houses. I didn't know if the TV they threw away would be fixable because instead of moving it in the upright position they layed it down on the back side of the TV. Would this have done anymore damage to it or not? I thought maybe the gases or whatever is sealed inside of the picture tube may have become ruined? Also, it was just threw out a few days ago. It has rained once or twice since then. Do you think it could still be saved or should it be left as a ditch filler? The cabinet was excellent on it and it just killed me to see it tossed away. Futhermore, it is much newer than my 1986 Console RCA Color Trax but I really like mine but sure wouldn't mind having this one too if it still could be saved.