View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 05:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks Tom. I don't know what gets into me sometimes with electronics purchases. LOL! Especially when I need to be selling; not buying!! I hardly ever need the dot bar generator unless I get bored and start messing with my Zenith "roundie", which isn't much. Even with that being said I wound up with a Sencore CG-153 Deluxe Color Generator that if nothing else is more compact and I as much as I hate to say it; it's solid state. Sometimes it really is nicer to have test equipment that isn't so old that it needs restoration and I admit that solid state stuff is certainly more stable for lack of a better term and often being a couple of decades newer than my old favorites, it usually shows up in pretty much working order.

Actually, that and a B&K 747 Solid State Tube Tester are the only two non-tube driven pieces I own; except my calculator and computers. LOL! Oddly, for tube testing my favorite tester is a late 40s Sylvania 140 Trans-conductance job. I've had it probably 30 years at least. I got it in high school while taking electronics at that level. Never had a problem, and it's always accurate. I trust it over two Hickoks I own, so that says a lot.

So anyway, this old RCA Marker Generator is probably going to end up in the shed or worse. I knew the plastic bezel was missing, but the guy gave me a deal on it. Or did he??? I think I gave him the deal moving it for him. Oh well, ya can't win em all. If I find a manual, perhaps it will prove to be fun to at least check it out some rainy night, just to see what's going on with it.