View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 06:14 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montman View Post
Thanks for the grounding failure information. I have a second set. I'll swap out the yoke and check the aquadag coating and ground issue.

Is there something I can spay or coat the aquadag near the yoke to prevent arcing?
I would not coat it. If you must use plastic bag material for insulation, but please don't coat it. You see if the dag has any islands (patches that lost contact with the rest) they will arc to other parts of the dag...Coating them with an insulative product usually does not fix it, and instead makes it harder to fix the right way. Don't paint insulation on over the dag. Also some sets have a spring steel wire or loop of wire on the yoke that is supposed to contact the dag and act as the dag ground...Sometimes that will arc if it is not touching a good point on the dag...Moving it or making a better dag ground elsewhere should cure arcing from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixmeplease View Post
Where do those snaps come from? My Philco does that at power up and i have never figured out where its from.

Sorry for bumping in here but I had never noticed that posted before. Thanks
Often it is from internal parts of the CRT equalizing charge, it can also be related to the dielectric of the capacitor formed by the coated CRT walls discharging, or even static between the cabinet, CRT and HV system discharging.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4