Thread: AMC Eagle
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 12:33 PM
M is for Memory

Probably uses the same plastic as the bumper filler pieces on my '78 Lincoln (which are also still flexible).

Those are somewhat interesting cars (this coming from someone who never cared for most cars 80's and newer), and quite rare here.

I think I've only seen 1-2 in person (maybe more before I started having an interest in cars), and the last one was at a repair shop in Superior this summer.

You probably aren't as bad off as you could be. A friend bought a BulletBird (early 60's T-bird) drove it home from Iowa on barely working brakes (the ride there was quite a humorous story) months later after getting vanity license plates they drive it for the first time since then and go to a restaurant...Now the trans had been leaking badly for a while, and leaving the restaurant they discover they have no reverse (their driveway is a steep hill down to the road so I know why they never noticed no reverse). IIRC they shifted into neutral pushed it out of the parking space, and drove to a transmission shop...The techs there were astonished the car made it there under its own power...The transmission case was cracked in half in the middle (apparently a common problem that year)...He had to find and buy a fresh core, and then pay to rebuild that...Luckily this happened in fall so it got stored/worked on all winter.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4