View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 11:23 AM
M is for Memory

About three weeks ago I tested the tubes in the color circuits...Nearly all were weak and or shorted so I replaced nearly every color stage tube (took a good bit of searching to find the oddball types it uses, but I had them in stock). That got me the rainbow of off-frequency chroma osc. I soon found the osc. slug was both stuck and cracked...Ugh! I pulled the osc. coil and after some debate began the nerve-wracking process of gently compressing/crushing the coil form by a fraction of it's diameter just above the coil where the slug was stuck...With great finesse I was able to crack the old slug up enough for it to drop out of the form in pieces yet keep the form usable and not damage the coil. A tiny bit of the top of the form chipped off, but it is inconsequential.

I took a larger slug (I plan to hunt up the estimated correct size soon) that was handy and adjusted it for color sync. I have color bars now, the tint does not really get them the right color, but I've got them!

DSCN9658 by Tom Carlson, on Flickr

Between a vacation and other projects, it has sat since then. I need to try either direct video injection or do an alignment...That pastel pic is with color maxed and fine tuning set for max color level.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4