View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 02:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed in Tx View Post
Yep!

I remember getting in those HR-D470s and the Zenith version too, where the backup supercap would leak and make a mess of things on the front timer board as I recall.

Some would need the star washer under a screw on the bottom deck board to ground. I installed that washer on every similar chassis JVC that came in with even the potential of needing that, just so it wouldn't come back on me.
The one I'm thinking of, that I have currently, is the Prosumer grade version of the HR-U8000 S-VHS VCR, of course maybe I was thinking of the HR-U8000 S-VHS unit when I was thinking of one of the JVC VCRs I had (which I've had several over the years including JVC made Zenith VCRs) that was all direct drive...

And Yes I have also had the HR-U8000 S-VHS VCR as well, (which I got from the High School I went to when they retired it.)
Actually I had two of them, I also got one from a garage sale one time as well, the one I got from the school had its original remote and the one I got from the garage sale didn't, the one I got from my high school when they retired it had long since died and been junked out (including the remote) by the time I found the one at the garage sale a few years later.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 05-25-2022 at 02:15 PM.