View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 12:14 PM
Resident Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Congrats. Not too many of those left making light on the front end...
Thanks! I hope to see your 21-CT-55 lighting up shortly... that's a set I'm truly envious of. Superior wideband chroma demod without the pain in the ass 15GP22 to deal with. That's a winner in my book.

I've determined that I don't have vertical sweep at all, the focus was just messed up. I can now get it sharply focused down to three unconverged lines (not that I'll run it like that). All three guns are fine; using the built in gun killing switches on the back shows normal results.

I've also determined why I don't have vertical deflection; the cathode connection on the 6AH4 is either open, or the tube is stone dead. It doesn't deflect the meter on my Hickok at all, even at 12.6 volts on the filament. I've ordered a new Westinghouse branded 6AH4, and also a 6BL7 for the vertical convergence and color killer. The 6BL7 is very weak. I'll see if that helps. I'd like to be know that the vertical is semi-operational before the set goes to Nick. I'll feel better knowing that all of the major parts are working correctly.