View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 04:18 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly0410 View Post
Love 'ricer' & 'scoot jokey' bloke up the road sits there revving his old noisy car & those names would fit him... I've got light skin, light blue eyes & blondish hair, I burn at the first sign of sun & use factor 50 sunscreen... Buses here go to & from the local town centre every 15 mins in the day & 30 mins in the evening, from there they have buses, trains & trams to the city's of Nottingham & Derby & other towns. I still use my car if I can though as it's quicker & I don't like waiting at bus/tram stops...
Ricer usually refers to cars like those used in the Fast and Furious franchise, but I suppose it could be used to refer to the drivers as well. A less-often used variant is "rice burner". Brown hair and hazel eyes here, not pale but still pretty intolerant to direct sunlight. As Brent from Corner Gas once said, "Physical activity and direct sunlight, two of my favorite things". The public transport system over there still sounds a lot better than what we have here; the grid doesn't allow buses to stay on time. I describe one route I used on the flip-flop as a mangled corkscrew, it's the most annoying route I've ever used. I recall mom speaking of one visiting Brit who had a few not-so-good things to say about our bus system. I would use a car if I had one; not only would it be far better than waiting for buses that are frequently late and sometimes don't show up at all but I would like to be able to haul larger items sometimes which occasionally show up by the side of the road. Fortunately the last such item sat a very short distance from my place so I went back and fetched it on a flatbed trolley.