View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 11:20 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywaffle View Post
This tube is a round 21fjp22. The TV had a brightener on it when I had acquired it, but would not produce much of any kind of image initially. On the tester none of the guns would show any readings until the rejuvenation was performed. The difference afterwards resulted in a picture that was very impressive in a lit room (compared to an extremely dark unfocused looking picture in a dark room). I suppose I had hoped maybe this would be a fairly long term fix.
BTW if a CRT has not been used for a few years the cathode will act as a getter and that will coat the emissive surface in crud that blocks emission....we call it the CRT falling asleep. When a CRT is asleep a rejuve is a dangerous way to wake it up (you can burn off the emissive surface along with the crud covering it). The best way to wake up a CRT is to let it sit on the tester in emission mode for as much as an hour ( check for improvement every 15 min) if it doesn't Improve or barely improves increase the.heater voltage to 1.4x it's designed value and repeat the process, THEN if there's still no life or much less than a usable value you can try a rejuve.

Rejuvination is risky use all safer measures first.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4