Thread: Apologies....
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 12:55 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Yeah, I thought about the "Starving Family" scenario, too, & every 2nd thing you see on TV always goes on about how the economy in India is going gangbusters. And most of the ones I get are the "College loan payoff/Lower credit card Interest rate" type ripoffs. Why don't they get a job w/one of the outfits that is gonna be the next Ford, VW/Citibank ?!?
I have little/no patience/compassion for someone who is trying to undoubtedly steal/scam from me. They must think we're ALL rich fools over here, rich chickens ready/waiting to be plucked/stewed. Or they're too lazy to get a REAL job w/an outfit that they could do very well indeed with. I hear/understand yr concern, & share it to a degree, but I'm disabled lost MY job because of it, so excuse me for not being totally on board w/feeling sorry for those guys.
It's a double-edged sword really, and a dog-eat-dog world economy with many countries that can exploit their workers with little to no repercussions. As for the telemarketers, I recall reading about a law that requires foreign reps to tie us in with a Canadian rep if we ask twice. The first time we ask they may try to get us to speak with a manager; ask a second time and they have no choice. Whether the same sort of thing applies in the US and A I have no idea. It's about keeping jobs on our side of the pond.