View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 03:11 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAge View Post
If it had been me that forked over 4 grand for the set with the good CRT, I would have attempted to buy both and assemble one good presentable unit from the two. The leftover set would be useful as a parts donor to keep the better example running, and for practice purposes for things like setup and alignment procedures. That said, I am happy such an interesting set went to a member here so that we all get to read about it. If they're still doing these conventions in a few years I might finally be able to go in 2022 or 2023..
Mine with the bad CRT was auctioned first. Whoever got the one with the good CRT would have had to find me after the auction and offer me enough to resell it... That also probably would not have been seen as a likely deal by anyone since I bid several other early color sets up to the 1-2k range before loosing....I could have also won the Admiral or Motorola if I had the guts to blow my whole TV budget.....Sad part was I was sure I had won the Admiral and the (apparently blind) auctioneer was looking at the guy behind me and ignoring me... I'm hoping for a smarter auctioneer next year.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4