View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 07:17 PM
Resident Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Mine with the bad CRT was auctioned first. Whoever got the one with the good CRT would have had to find me after the auction and offer me enough to resell it... That also probably would not have been seen as a likely deal by anyone since I bid several other early color sets up to the 1-2k range before loosing....I could have also won the Admiral or Motorola if I had the guts to blow my whole TV budget.....Sad part was I was sure I had won the Admiral and the (apparently blind) auctioneer was looking at the guy behind me and ignoring me... I'm hoping for a smarter auctioneer next year.
Dave Abramson did an excellent job as the auctioneer IMO. He, Darryl, Steve K, and David Roper were dealing the best they could with the new auction format, and folks crowding around them while they were down on the left and right sides, while trying to keep things on schedule. I think they did a fine job. If Dave missed seeing you bid, as well as Darryl, and David who were also looking, I would blame the layout and the people squeezed in too close.