Thread: Singer TV6U
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:41 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
Nope....no such luck.

Looks like that whole tuner/IF board is dead on the right side. Was able to seperate it out and give the set pure video. Some minor stuff has to be dealt with in picture geometry....but was somewhat passable. It is likely something on the little board right next to the VHF tuner, because I refuse to believe both the UHF and VHF tuners are actually dead. Looking at the two "jacks" that the UHF item underneath plugs into, The jacks simply interupt the tuner outputs and put that toggle switch into the circuit. The two jacks unplugged simply switch the VHF back in.

This set has that UHF item as an addon. If the set worked at all....it would become a VHF only set simply by undoing the four little screws underneath and pulling that unit off.

I keep seeing on ebay these little standalone tuner boxes for servicing TV sets.....I sorta wish I had one right now so I could continue playing with this set. For now though...I guess I'm gonna leave it alone until I can figure out whats up on the little IF board. There is also some weird thing going on with the channel 12 position of the VHF tuner. It shorts something out and that board gets REAL HOT in one section until you turn it OFF that channel.