View Single Post
Old 07-28-2023, 09:21 AM
M is for Memory

What is the max frequency of your scope and what frequency are you trying to see. If you've got a 5MHz scope and a 21MHz minimum generator the scope isn't going to be able to measure it's frequency full stop.

A digital scope's frequency counter isn't going to be able measure a swept frequency either as it expects a constant frequency. The markers on a sweep generator or the output of a generator designed for AM radio if within the frequency range of a scope should be measurable however if it has significant harmonic content that makes the output non-sinusoidal it will effect (confuse) the frequency counter and while manual measurement is possible it can be confusing.

This may sound wacky but on my non-swept tube generators anything adjustible under 30MHz I set the desired frequency on my Sony ICF-7600GR shortwave reciever which covers 150KHz to 30MHz (it also does Japanese and US FM bands) and dial the generator until I hear the generator then I reduce generator output coupling till I barely hear it then tune the generator again...

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4