View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 05:39 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhifi View Post
This TV never got a lot of use after I restored it, I couldn't find a good spot for it. Recently though, it has become useful. It has a strange characteristic, the picture begins quite dim and green, and takes about ten minutes to achieve full brightness and good colour balance. At that point though, the picture looks great, and it looks fantastic as long as you want to use it, except for red which is a bit saturated. Is this just how it goes with a weak CRT?

I, believe red is weak, but certainly not so bad I can't live with it. It's sure nice how there's no cataract on this tv!
You may be able to improve grayscale by adjusting it well after the 10 min warmup... the rest is standard fare for a weak CRT... you may find balance warmup varies with time between last run. On a roundy I plan to replace it will take around half an hour to balance with a week off... With over 1 month off it will take 2 hours to balance, and start out barely lighting at all.

Cataracts especially the green ones are easy to fix... certainly less hastle than recapping a Dumont, or refinishing a wood cabinet.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4