View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 03:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

Current problem with Set. Need advice.

After recap job and replacing few resistors I cranked her up saw a flame up down below in chassis. Turned out to be a tapped power resistor that had one bad section that I had bypassed with new dale screw down power resistor but was still shorting out. Ended up replacing whole thing. I do have variac and was gentle with set at first. All tubes were glowing and static from speaker (no signal attached just looking for raster) but nothing at all on tube. adjusted ion trap all over the place and nothing at all. Also appeared to have high voltage using screwdriver arc test. Pulled all tubes out and let crt filament glow for a couple hours. Still nothing. I looked at voltages at crt neck and looked at schematic for orgins of voltages and started doing a little trouble shooting and pulled 12au7 video output tube. Had put everything back to normal and powered back up and still nothing. Decided to adjust ion trap again and finally got a raster. I got a replacement tube from a source and reinstalled. I am not a 100% percent about tube being problem but am going to test one day. I was really getting discouraged but now very hopeful.

Current problem I am trying to solve is shown in pic below. I got a old tv repair book and for the white vertical strip problem I am seeing as shown the book suggest either damping tube or bad deflection yoke. What do you guys think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg raster defect 2 small.jpg (63.1 KB, 146 views)