View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 11:04 AM
VideoKarma Member

I will try to put the final touches into the FADA this weekend, which will involve.
Adding a power switch, as this was part of a combo unit, it never did have one. :O
Adding a A/V bypass relay circuit so I can easily switch from direct to RF input, to be powered from 6v filament voltage.
Mount the volume in a decent location with a knob.
Try again to do the IF setup, most likely on channel 11 this time, given that the BT modulator on the way is for 11, most likely just need to adjust the noise traps and 1st IF, will try antenna input first, but if that still gives problems will try direct input on point E on the tail end of the mixer, and if I STILL can't get the IF set up that way, I will just stick with direct input.

As it was mentioned before, I should not HAVE TO set to channel 9, or any specific one to do this with the osc removed...

And finally, once I have done all I can, ( I hope :P ) take it section by section to it's final location to re-assemble, for one thing that's clear about this set, you do NOT move it when all together, this is more so true now that I don't have the chassis bolted in the cabinet, I deliberately measured and cut things so that there was an about an ½ inch gap between the cabinet bottom and the chassis, I have it sitting up on the bolts for cooling.