View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 09:58 PM
Alchemizes cash to tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
My personal policy is "take no prisoners with electrolytics , if I'm gonna get a piece of vintage tube electronics running , the first thing I do is to replace them before the first power up .
These are replacements. The concern is that the positive of the 60 uF section was shorted to ground, which also has a direct connection to the negative of the same side. I know it caused the 1K and 15K resistors to overheat, and I'm concerned it may have also damaged the electrolytics.

I've ordered a replacement set for safety's sake. I'll try substituting that so I know those and the new resistors I ordered are good. I'll have to start doing continuity tests from there.

I know the pilot lamp and heaters are good because the lamp is still lighting and the series string is all coming on. So the problem is somewhere further into the set.

Does anyone have any specific ideas on checking the B+? Am I accurate in measuring between pin 8 and ground to see if that's coming off of the 35Z5?