View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 06:13 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamamaya42 View Post
CE Manufacturing, they are one of the few who still make Multi-Section, can types, but they charge $$$ for custom made stuff, not worth it in my view.
Even their regular stuff (as can be seen in Walter's link) is grossly overpriced...$40 for a can with 4X 40uF@450V. I can get 4 39uF@450V caps on mouser for $4.80 or $8 if instead of buying the cheapest part I went with a 105C rated cap with a good reputation like Panasonic or Nichicon.

For the ~15 min I'd save sticking them under the chassis or the ~30 min for a restuff the $30-35 savings is well worth my time...Especially when I'm voraciously recapping 3-4 TV sets in a week when I'm going full tilt...

It is the same reason I buy from mouser 1-3 times a year and try to stock myself for a whole year of restoration...The caps get even cheaper when you hit the 10,50 or 100 count per part price breaks, and 1 $7 shipping charge for ~500 caps is better than 50 $7 shipping charges for 50 orders of 10 caps...

If you are only ever going to restore say 5 sets a year paying for audiophool stuff ain't going to hurt you, but once volume goes up so should your desire to get the most bang for your buck.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4