View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 07:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crt89 View Post
I agree on that. It used to be the morning news came on at 6AM and went to 9AM, now it comes at 4AM and goes to 10. And nightly news used to be 10PM-11AM, not it stays on until midnight and a recap at 1AM.

I wonder sometimes if they expanded news because it's cheaper to produce than to pay for more morning chat shows, as well as syndicated shows like M*A*S*H or Cops reruns that typically aired during the wee hours after the last newscast. Some say it is to compete with cable news such as CNN, etc, but they are not anything new, so not sure the reason for the sudden expansion.
Yes I agree .The local channels and the big 4 want to keep their viewers from changing channels to CNN,FOX News ,MSNBC etc. More likely cheaper to run in house programming and news shows then syndie shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
Follow the money - look at the commercial content - typically heavy on local car dealers. They are expanding because they have the audience and therefore the sponsors.
Car dealerships.It seams like every other month here that a new car dealership opens up.Also add attorney ads and pharma ads.

We dont see many ads for stores except around Christmas.Most cant afford it anymore for all year around.Mention above has takin over airtime what the stores used too sponsor programming.