View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 01:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Bourquin View Post
LCD is P/N 1-802-184-11. Cost is $910+$1620 core+ a couple hundred bucks for oversize shipping. Oh yeah, its NLA. Subs up a couple times to new numbers, but they are NLA too.
I guess I'm a little late with the info.
Wow! That much for just a replacement LCD Panel?! at that price you might as well just buy a new set...

I wonder how it is that Sony was able to get away with charging over $2,000 for a new LCD Panel for their TVs when a new LCD TV could be bought for half the price of repairing the broken set? I'm guessing that's why you don't see Sony in the LCD HDTV market anymore...

Anyways I had once ordered a replacement LCD Panel for an early 2000s Gateway 17" LCD Computer Monitor and all I had to pay for that LCD panel was $20 plus shipping, and I got it off ebay, which I had thought that a replacement panel for that Sony LCD TV would of been about that much on ebay as well seeing as they're both the same technology.

Although it really doesn't matter now because I took that LCD TV back to the Goodwill dropbox, I'll let the goodwill people handle monkeying around with that TV and figure out what to do with it (which more than likely it will get recycled) since its broken, and since they don't even take TVs anymore.
Audiokarma