View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Not sure how I got here.

Thank you Jerome. If you would, this project is of great interest to me, I would love it if you could post more of the knowledge you have of all things crt to this thread. There seems to be a lot that takes place between a few people, while there are many more who are not directly involved in the work, but would like to know more... like me.

I see what you mean about the heater cathodes on newer guns. I have a system 3 gun by zenith and it looks like the heater cathode is a quick change on that gun. I wonder if adding some of the newer gun's design ease to the older tubes will make for greater success when the guns have to be rebuilt on the old color tubes in particular....

I wonder if in the future the rebuilding will even require the reuse of the base, and the glass work will need to be rethought as well so as to accommodate new thinking for parts salvage when rebuilding tubes.

I think Scotty most likely had a source of new guns, and that you guys in France did a lot more intricate work. And worked on projects a lot closer to the impossible....

Thank you again!