View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 09:18 AM
The glass is -3dB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatoray View Post
OK,

I am sure it will smell lovely during the first few times of operation

I like that temperature controller, I would personally also opt for the 25A solid state relay since the internal relay is only a 3A.

Just my $0.02

Matt

Bob beat me to the punch on the Zinc issue...(Actually I went to bed after posting.) But he was thinking along the same lines.

Just a heads up, you do NOT want to inhale zinc fumes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_fume_fever

Mild or Stainless. The choice depends on if you can live with rust and/or have the budget for stainless...

Your target temperature is just high enough that you wouldn't catch me in the same enclosed space without an apparatus for breathing.

Squirrel Boy also helpfully points out that anything hot and galvanized around virgin cathodes is a very bad idea. The vapor *will* travel, and produce fine granules of zinc, which *will* get into/onto everything. If you want a practical demo, just break open a bottle of laser toner in the rebuild lab. You'll be finding it everywhere for MONTHS afterwards no matter how carefully you think you managed to clean it up.

Last edited by NoPegs; 10-03-2014 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Augh, names are hard!