View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Well I pulled all the electros on the Oscillator board, all three of them, they look pretty questionable with slightly swollen rubber on the bottoms and one with the plastic pulled down so the top 1/4" of the can is exposed.
I wish I had an ESR meter to confirm their badness but since it's 40 years old I'll just assume they are bad and replace them.

I also made a list of some other fairly large Electros I can see, not sure what circuits they are in without a Schematic but figure they should go too, some of them look questionable as well.

One is a large Non Polarized cap mounted in front of the Oscillator board, it's only .1Mf but it's rated at AC 450 Volts, I guess it's just a normal non polarized cap?

There is also one large can mounted in a recess on the bottom of the chassis, I'm guessing it's the main PS Filter and since it's got HV, sound and no hum I'm going to leave it alone until I get the set working, (if I get the set working).

All the rest are modern Poly Film Caps and most likely good so I'll leave them alone.
Audiokarma