View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 09:15 AM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
I'm 46.....and can appreciate ALL sets really. I do have a 55" Samsung LED set in the front room, and a smaller 23" Sammy in the bedroom for "watching TV"....or firing up the Home Theater PC (HTPC). The picture on the 55" is phenomenal if you GIVE it a good source (BluRay....and NOT cox cable's compressed, pixelled mess).

I still deffinately appreciate the little 1" Panasonic's 1.5" picture as well....and LOVE the B/W picture from the little "trashpicked" Quasar I rescued. THAT set actually sits in the front room and I do turn it on often INSTEAD of the whole front room "system". Sometimes completely happy to just watch the news or not have to be watching LOUSY material in HD.

If I had the room (which I do NOT).... I would have one of those REALLY big long consoles, like a Curtis Mathis or something. One with the big huge speakers, 27" set, record player and a radio that wasn't just an afterthought in a beautiful long cabinet. It would be real presentable with the covers open showing the old LPs playing. WOW!...I'd REALLY love that! I'd LAY ON THE FLOOR on my elbows watching something on this like so many kids of the 60-70s. I just don't have the room for such a thing in a little 2 bedroom flat.

Last edited by AiboPet; 07-01-2012 at 09:23 AM.