View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 07:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman82 View Post
Well if it's 19kv with no load, you've got a chassis problem. It should shoot up to the setpoint of the shunt regulator and stay there with no CRT attached, does the HV pot do anything in that state?
the hv pot adjust does seem to work but to get even 19kv the pot has to be maxed. there is nothing else i can seem to look at as i looked at what seems to be everything already and have not found anything wrong. so if its a chassis problem then i am overlooking something here. or it is infact the crt. i thought the hv without connected to a crt will be limited because the crt acts like a capacitor so being off the crt 19kv sounds maybe like thats all i would get, i dont know at this point. but then again hooked back up to the crt i would think it would shoot up but didnt. does anyone know the leads that come of the hv regulator tube as to which one if there is a specific lead that does the triggering of the regulation, maybe a specific lead from that tube i can trace if this lead is used as some kind of reference for the hv regulation. because this hv just sits dont raise up just dips as if there were such a wire were cut.

Last edited by timmy; 01-10-2015 at 08:04 AM.