View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 07:32 AM
First Light: 1952-2011

Copied from my late night email:

Gentlemen,

John from Quest just called, a deal has been reached!

I can clean out their entire operation for $2,000 and that includes:

4-bay oven (same as Scotty’s)
Vertical & horizontal lathes
Universal CRT tester
Spark knocker
Various RF bombers and complete pumping equipment for the oven, along with vacuum gauges
Stand alone RF bomber
Automatic cathode activation and aging equipment
Lots more I haven’t seen yet, this was a functioning business last month.

There’s also over 300 finished CRT’s of various types (modern from what I can tell), which could be sold to recoup some costs. Not sure what the value in them is, but even if they are next to worthless 300 tubes at $10 a pop is still $3k.

There are gun spares as well, John says there’s some 70 degree delta stuff left so that’s good. I have to act quickly on this, but the general plan would be:

Hop a flight (DCA>LAX), load up a previously arranged semi trailer with as much stuff as is practical. I’ve allotted 2 days for this evolution, since I don’t know what I’m walking into as far as the situation at the plant is concerned. Truck then takes off for Columbus, I hop another flight (LAX>CMH) which arrives just in time to meet the semi at the museum. Semi is unloaded into museum bay, with help from a forklift driver locally hired. Meanwhile I’ve already rented a box truck large enough to fit whatever I’m taking back here to Maryland, fork lift guy helps me stuff that full, and I hit the road bound for home.

This all happens within the span of a week from the time I start, which could be as soon as the first. Sound like a plan?

Nick ‘betting my future on tubes’ Williams