View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Administrator

In this case, I responded to a Craigslist ad for lawn tractors for sale. He had about a dozen of them in running shape that he got about $150 each for, by the time I got there, he had 4 left that ran, and I picked the best and cheapest of those. The guy is cleaning out his dad's property, and the place looks like and episode of Hoarders. It goes back about 3/4 of a mile into the woods, where the old man parked TONS of stuff, including a '59 Thunderbird buried up to its axles, a ford COE tow truck, industrial lathes, snowblowers, an International W4 (badly rusted), and more there than I can ever describe. Motorcycles in piles, a bunch of '40s Fords, and everything back there was moved there under its own power.

I told him to call me when he has the rest of the lawn tractors dug out, the rest are really rough at a glance, but there were so many skeeters back there I couldn't stay long. Hoping to cherry pick a few once these sell

Outboard engines, old wooden boats, everything and anything you can think of mechanical. My God, it was a weird kind of paradise! HAHAHAHA