Thread: More motel TVs
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 06:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
Awesome

That reminds me of the sci-fi mini series "the lost room"
I've mentioned this story before on another thread, but here's this set again. A few years ago a guy was searching the country for one of these so that he could re-create the set from that show in his home I believe. Can you believe that? He wasn't a TV guy, he was a fan of this show which to this day I have never seen. Supposedly he wasn't having any luck locating on of these and I had a real nice one in working condition. He and a friend traveled almost non stop from Massachusetts to southern Virginia to seal up a deal I could not refuse. Must be nice to have the time, room, and money to take on such a project. Room is usually my biggest obstacle in this hobby. Sometimes, actually a lot through the years I have taken on way more TVs than I have room for, or a desire for, in order to save them and hopefully find a good home for them. U can't stand to see them heading for the landfill. The economy sort of stepped on my toes with that as old sets are a bit harder to get rid of these days, especially if you will not ship, which I won't. Too many nightmare stories on that topic!