Thread: A Confession
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 08:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

A Confession

Well after working on my RCA ctc4 Seville a whole year nearly I finally got a good picture. I made a nice repro back for it and added "dressing" coats of lacquer to minimize the heavy scratches. I was ready to put it in the living room- AND THEN THE FLYBACK BEGINS ARCING. I encased it in electrical tape and 1/4" of silicone which worked well- for a few hours. Then high voltage plummeted- the arcing appears to have been merely hidden now it reads 10K ohms instead of 550

Okay I admit I was running it at 217 milliamps current as that was as low as I could get it (high voltage about 22.5 kV) and I had no idea the RANGE was 170-220. And I know very well how impossible these are to find. BUT of all places I figured I let it be known here I'm very happy to buy a parts chassis to get one. This was/is going to be a major centerpiece and I'm willing to invest, and it will help me remember to ask here about the amperage rather than rely on the original service manual. This is a late model chassis I have currently I'm fairly certain- #2746056 and still has the original steel CRT.

No hurry-I can't make the convention this year but any leads from there too appreciated- THANKS!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3833.jpg (98.9 KB, 148 views)