View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Motorola Minion

25dc57 = 25ec58?

[QUOTE=kx250rider;3027900]I think I've said this before, but here goes again: That chassis is the best TV ever built, and will work forever. I have plenty of parts for those, and even a few complete working spare sets. On the audio issue, I'd first check/clean/tighten the pin sockets on the IF module, and also pull the chassis and resolder EVERY ground lug (at both ends, and in some cases in the center) of each terminal strip on that chassis. By doing that, you will pre-repair about 99.999% of all known issues.

A 25DC57 (non-SC with faux slate top cabinet) "traded in" for a Sony at the store in 1985 never made it back to the warehouse...but came home instead, lasting my parents another 15 years! All it needed initially was a critical HV cap (base to emitter on the H output transisitor, a zener diode in the regulator for 24 v and a cathode clean on the CRT to look like new.

Does anybody remember the 9-57-VCR (upgrade H osc module) that had a piggyback 9-90-02 on it. It eliminated the "flag-waving" when playing a VCR.

I have extra chassis and parts as well.