View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 09:18 AM
VideoKarma Member

Back in the day, when we were hunting a new TV, I noticed that Philco roundies had the finest skin tone rendition... people just looked like people!!! The chassis had the tuning bar eye tube. My Father had an Admiral aircraft carrier he was given... I was recruited to venture down to his place to resurrect it... after putting in an RCA HiLite jug it had a fine picture that rivaled my Zenith 25EC58 flatty. I trash picked a 13" Maggie that had one of the sharpest, brightest pictures... I also had a works in a drawer that was fantastic... My Uncle had the first color set in our relation... a 1957 RCA Deluxe... looked like $**t most of the time till I got my fingers inside it circa 1966. My observation: almost ANY decently engineered set that is properly adjusted from stem to stern by someone with the knowledge to do so WILL perform magnificently... this very thought just came to me as I was penning this!!! It's reassuring to know that the members of this forum have that knowledge and use it to love these beasts back to life for all to see and marvel at!!!

Jim
Audiokarma