Thread: Zenith film
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 11:41 AM
Motorola Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine View Post
Now that was funny!
Yes, freakin' hilarious! I noticed that too - but I'm so used to how these films were made and the outrageous statements made for drama. Some of my favorite sit-coms of the era had some cringe-worthy moments, probably why I keep them to myself. Thanks Zeno!!!

I was 4 when this film was probably made and my grandparents in Florida had a 23XC38 Zenith in Italian Provincial (I'm pretty damned sure, orange-lit channel numbers on the banana-knobs, vol-color-hue, horizontally below) so I KNEW the silly, preening NBC peacock was really in color thanks to both WPTV-5 and WSVN-7. Sure back then, everyone smoked and we even laughed at the cig commercials like Benson and Hedges and Doral!

It would be 4 years until my Grandma up here traded in the CTC5 (no, I never saw it on) for a 1971 25V chromacolor (12B14C50 - usually on a game show) , then my dad took the plunge 6 months later on a discounted 23V in a half plastic front dark cabinet (12B14C52). We were a 3-Gen Zenith family, but nobody I knew had the deluxe or SC models seen in this film.

My cousins up the hill and clear of the forest had a Zenith roundie 24NC31 that pulled in all the Philly UHF from the day they moved there. They had cartoons in color and my Aunt had Soul Train, Bandstand and Steel Pier in color. She ignored soaps.
Meanwhile our 6 years newer CC only got the 4 VHFs from the JFD "non-combo of a roof antenna" until a 4-bay bowtie and amp was added to our rig. What did the VHF channels have at that time? Soaps and talk shows, sucky for a kid getting home from school. Probably why I got aluminum fever early, I just KNEW our new Zenith was NOT the issue.

Last edited by DavGoodlin; 05-08-2018 at 12:03 PM.