View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 04:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

Welcome and go for it Pio. I have a lot of fun with vintage home cameras and they don't take up a lot of space. I have a color RCA CC002 from about 1978 in great working order with the striped vidicon tube. I figured out how to set it up on a broadcast grey scale chart and how to adjust the tube back focus for different lenses. The RCA CKC021 was still a tube pickup with the bonus of a color beam index viewfinder...not Indextron but the same by Hitachi. And the CC030 is the same but now a chip imager. The viewfinders have not aged well however. They work but the color is not great. Somewhere is a RCA BW camera from the CC002 era. A terrible camera. And I have two early Sony HVC-2200 Trinicon color cameras and another unknown model with Japanese markings on the controls. All work. The trick to them is to find the now pricey Sony CMA-1010A adaptor to convert the Sony 14 pin format to the RCA 10 pin format to use with the very common RCA DC adaptors with video and audio out. A caution to look for is scale/mold growing on the UV filter behind the lens and in front of the tube, if the lens can be removed (C-mount). No way to fix the coating. Ask the seller to send a photo of the filter. It should be light blue and clear. There were some early VHS (not portables) decks that had the 10 pin connector built in for home recording.

Last edited by Dave A; 02-01-2023 at 09:10 PM. Reason: typotext
Audiokarma