View Single Post
Old 07-31-2023, 01:05 AM
VideoKarma Member

Vertical issues seem to have improved with me adjusting the controls, along with patiently waiting for the tv to fully warm up for a full 20 minutes as recommended by the photofact for the tv. It is interesting that while the tv can generate a raster and image and become watchable in less than a minute, optimal performance indeed does take a decent chunk of time.

This should have been obvious to me but this is coming from someone who grew up with solid state CRTs and never actually used an old tube set let alone saw one up close up until I was given this tv for free.

Either way aside from the minor yellowish cataracts and slightly off dynamic convergence for blue, the picture is not bad considering the age of the tv and the hours the CRT has had on it. I am done with the restoration of this tv and have been able to enjoy watching this tv for hours at a time without any problems for a few days so far! Motorola really did a great job designing tvs....Ford Philco on the other hand...I am not very impressed. This tv is very rugged and seems to keep on going after a straightforward full recap.

I caught a typo in the Sam's photofact for this tv as well, it says you can sub a 6LF6 (the tube this tv uses for the horizontal output) with a 6BL6 instead...they meant 6LB6 I believe. A 6BL6 is a very uncommon tube that has a completely different pinout.

https://imgur.com/a/MJrNeaJ