View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Administrator

How much effect should the drive controls have? CTC10

Replaced some caps in my CTC10 over the last few days, no filters but I replaced all the caps in the Vert Osc/Output section and now I have a stable vertical and fair linearity.

The problem I'm having is the picture is not very bright and the Green and Blue Drive controls seem to have no noticeable effect at all, shouldn't they change the gray scale significantly?

The Kine Bias and all three screens are turned up full blast, the CRT is a rejuvenated jug but is currently checking 90% on all three guns with good tracking, this same jug was in a Silvertone with a CTC11 chassis before this and it wasn't very bright there either so I'm wondering if it's actually bad despite how it tests?

it's also a 21FJP22 where it should be a 21CYP22 but I don't think that should make much difference.
I have a new CRT but I don't really want to install it until I'm done with the chassis just in case I knock the neck off of something.

Here's a picture but as usual with a digital camera it looks much brighter and bluer than it is in person.
I had a color pattern on it and the color works pretty well, seem like maybe the luminance is too low though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ctc10testpattern.jpg (29.5 KB, 71 views)