View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 12:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I think this is worthy of sticky status.

How many of us, especially newbies and those that rarely work on color sets have found our selves in the position of needing to degauss a screen manually, but not having a proper service degaussing coil?....Well I've seen enough to want to offer some help.
That could be useful if you ever tried to find a cheap service degauss coil today ,then you know

For my #1 TV I use a retina searing 2016 4K HDR 1000+ 1474 NIT 7000:1 contrast panel code binned SUHD QDOT Samsung UN 55 KS 8000 LCD in my inner groove and a tamer 2015 Sony Triluminos 4K HDR LCD in the family cinema room and 1080p LCD around the home .

I benched TV's & radios part time from 1967-1970 at a Magnavox AD and studied electronics concurrently (3 yrs) but an unrelated career that retired me well with surplus $$$ and so on.

No hobby CRT here but I can't say I wouldent mind a bonded safety glass color roundie out back .I had a used 21" RCA round delta gun with a newer RCA colortron CRT in the early 70's and it wasn't bad until the PCB's started crumbing fatally

ON topic
That said I've used a Weller soldering gun sideways ,then walked back like a conventional decausss coil on a late model philips CRT to take a large purple /green spot out of the screen from a magnetized shadow mask for a friend's secondary TV from unshielded speakers too close and it worked

Last edited by tubetwister; 08-10-2017 at 01:07 AM.
Audiokarma