View Single Post
Old 03-02-2023, 11:32 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac.attack76 View Post
Hey John. I turned it back on and it's running normal again. Should I go ahead with the grounds?
The grounds should be done in any case. Your eeprom isn't corrupted because they don't "fix" themselves when they are.

It would be the tuner grounds specifically that are causing your issue with the picture even when using AV inputs. The ground to the jungle IC runs through the tuner (stupidly).

The tuner is a surface mount affair and is delicate work. You have to remove the tuner cover (soldered down) and then solder the tuner perimeter and several ground pins in the middle of the tuner.

There is an alternative if you don't plan to use the tuner - solder a ground wire from the cage around the micro and jungle IC and bypass the tuner directly. I've never done this but if you want to try, the point you need to solder your wire to would be on the lower right corner of the tuner when the board is oriented where the tuner input connector is facing straight up. There is a ground point that has a wire soldered to it on the top side of the board.

John
Audiokarma