View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 03:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Smile Greetings from northern europe!

Hello my name is Benas but you can call me Ben, i'm 21 years old and i live in Lithuania. I've been interested in vintage electronics since i was 4 years old. I used to go outside for treasure hunt for old electronics, i still do that but only sometimes because people don't throw out much anymore since the new free "take out the trash". Now i mostly buy my stuff, generally tube radios because that's what i usually find, i really want to have more tube tvs but i'm starting to lack space. Anyway i really want to have one of those 50s portables but first i must fix these two.The big one 1961-1964 russian made "Концерт" and the small one 1968 transistor "Universum FK-100R" unfortunately i cannot find schematic for this one anywhere, it also uses japanese parts. Anyway the big one is almost working but i think it has bad vertical blocking transformer and Flyback, but i think i can fix that. And for the small one haven't powered it yet because i'm afraid of frying those transistors. Also i'm building my own vacuum tube "monitor", but more on that later...