View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 09:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Progress

Have made some pretty good progress last few days with my VK-106. My reception problem looks like it was due to a bad antenna lead connection. I did not realize it until I removed the antenna tuning unit but the twin lead goes to a pin and socket type connector and I think one side was not making up good. I found this out by pushing in real hard and voila my audio came in much clearer. I still have crt disconnected. I resoldered the antenna wires to the pins and squeezed the sockets with some pliers for a tight fit. In response to the reception problem I thought the worse and have been spending last couple weeks learning how to do an alignment or at least how to attempt to do an alignment. I think I the sound IF aligned nicely since I had the equipment to do it with -got a pretty nice S curve. My HP8643a signal generator which was a impulse ebay purchase is a great piece of equip but is limited in its sweep capabilities. It will only do a 600kHz sweep width in its "phase continuous" mode. I got a tip off one off bandersons vids which suggested you could plot curve out on piece of graph paper and that is what I did for the video IF alignment. I will try to post a pic of that maybe tomorrow.