View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 03:19 AM
<-- CSXT 6038, EMD GP40-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstaton View Post
Are you sure its worth it for a 720P DLP? I hated to even look at those. Most got thrown away because for the fact their a pain in the ass. That should be the model with the removable front speaker grille. silverish gray color(some are black)
For me personally, I think so. I'm currently using an intermittently functioning Samsung DLP that needs a DMD board, but this Mits has a better sound system, and, quite frankly, I think it looks better than the Samsung from a design standpoint. This set is black, but yes, it does have the nice removable speaker grille panel on the bottom. Says 'Medallion' on the bottom left corner. I figure all those caps will cost me less cash than the new DMD board. As for 720p, the only source I have that goes to 1080p is a Wii U, and I only have a couple games for that. I'm very happy with the 720p/1080i DLP screen quality, even 480p looks better than the LCDs I have used. I suppose I have a soft spot for DLP TVs too, I like the tech. Would love to own one of the utterly massive 92-inch Mits DLPs, one day...

Last edited by YamahaFreak; 08-18-2014 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Punctuation fix