View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 08:25 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

Once you get everything in your possession, make a list of the items and the part numbers on each of them. My test jig is a Sylvania CK3000, and I got lots of cables and adapters with it, plus the manual and catalogs of more adapters and so on.

With my Sylvania (that I have not used for several years), if I remember right, there are about four main steps for using it, once you look in the catalog/manual for the list of items for your chassis:

-Plug a "yoke programmer" into the jig, to match its yoke functionally to the chassis

-Plug a "convergence load" into the TV chassis, to make the chassis happy without its own convergence board and convergence yoke

-Connect the jig to the yoke connections on the chassis with the right cable(s)

-Connect the jig to the CRT connector on the chassis with the right cable(s)

(Also, of course, connect the jig's speaker, ground, and high-voltage connections to the TV chassis.)

If I understood it right, the yoke in the jig is a special one made to work with multiple chassis types (round and rectangular CRTS, tube and solid-state, etc.).

If the jig you are getting "used to be a Conar TV set" (which was a kit from the NRI electronics school originally), then it may be unique and getting it to work with otherwise-standard Sylvania/RCA/Tele-Matic jig cables and adapters may itself be a whole separate project if that was not already done --and well-documented-- by its previous owner.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."