View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 01:10 AM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan1a View Post
Disney is DRECK!!! Walt Disney would be furious of what his vision has become. Friends don't let friends watch/listen Disney EVER!!!
That may well explain why the Radio Disney format petered out the way it did, and why most former RD stations are now talk or sports. However, I have to wonder ever since I read here about Radio Disney's possible comeback on HD radio. I'm sure Cleveland's former RD station won't put the format on an HD subchannel; if it did, I would be very surprised. If Radio Disney was even one tenth as popular today as its creators probably thought it was in RD's heyday, the format would still be on the air.

I have no idea how the new Radio Disney will do in the 21st century. If the format can only be listened to online, that is one obstacle right there--unless local stations could offer a downloadable app for phones and tablets, not unlike how some music stations now have such apps to allow online listening. One station in Cleveland advertises its online app as allowing listeners to hear the station "whenever, wherever", not just over the radio. A Radio Disney app would allow the same thing, and would almost certainly save the format from certain extinction.

Only time will tell.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.