View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 10:12 AM
i <3 my Denon

The 55c has to be about the ugliest of boxes...its a box..literally. the 110 selections sound off...most AMI's had about 80.

I will say that AMI had pretty decent amps. Rock-ola sound wasn't too shabby either.

There's a jukebox mailing list if you wanted more opinions about what whatever boxes. I don't remember where it is, I know my boss subscribes to it and gets a ton of messages. You'll have to google for it, don't know it offhand.

Personally, my opinions are you go Rowe/AMI if you want good sound...they generally have very basic simple amps. Low part counts, clean audio. Avoid Seeburg. They overengineered their amps and not only are they difficult to work on, I've never found them to be that great sounding. Saw an amp where someone rebuilt it around a simpler 6l6 design...much improved sound. Wurlitzers are ok...but their boxes from the 50's were notorious for using the Cobra tonearm.

Sent from my Samsung Intercept with Tapatalk.