View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 05:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubis7 View Post
Looks like my signal generator isn't working. I hooked it into a USB scope. It shows an identical waveform when the unit is turned both on and off.

Guess I'll need to debug this before I can get back to the radio.
I think it would be better for you if you stayed with one thing until the investigation is exhausted before jumping to something else.
The audio signal frequency should be somewhere between 300Hz and 500Hz, well within the range to use a USB scope. What scope is that anyway? You need to give us more details so that we can check the scope specs. A USB scope is a digital scope, what it displays is actually in digital memory. It may work like what would be a "storage scope". It sounds to me that with the generator off the scope isn't triggered so it displays what the last thing it saw before the triggering went away. Does the scope have an "AUTO" trigger mode? That would allow it to sample the signal without enough of a signal amplitude to trigger it.
Once you have the USB scope working you can find the frequency, amplitude and wave shape of the audio signal. A frequency counter would only cloud the issue at this stage since it also needs to be triggered in order to display anything.
Audiokarma